COLOURFULWORLD

Monday 15 June 2015

Murals in Victoria Park

I went to the suburb of Victoria Park, south east of the city centre, with the intention of photographing the murals painted during 2015's Form, that took place from 6th to the 19th April.

Armed with a Form map for the Victoria Park works, I started in one area with the intention of going all the way to the city. Most of these murals are in Albany Highway - a main road that passes through Victoria Park, 405km long road from Perth to Albany in the South West.
After 5 or 6 murals my battery ran out! In the meantime I managed to mostly photograph works painted in 2014. I hope you like them and I will return to photograph the 2015 murals soon.

This one painted in 2014 by Edgar Flores aka Saner, a Mexican artist displaying all the colourful Aztec colours. Located on the wall of "Food for me" restaurant at 877 Albany Highway, corner of Canterbury street.

Nick Zafir, a Perth based artist also painted the above wall in a laneway in 2014.

A local artist, Miss Spic, painted this "Retro girl" at the request of a business owner avoiding graffiti.

Another 2014 wall, entitled "Falcor", painted by Singaporean artist Sheryo & Perth artist The Yok, now based in New York. Their work is Asian inspired as you can see above.

And the next one is not a mural, it's a  bicycle repair station!
Funny thing, I'd never seen one before...couldn't really figure out, probably because I'm no biker, but it had all sorts of small tools hanging...


Next time I hope to bring you some of 2015's murals...
Hope you enjoy these.

6 comments:

  1. There are just so many Sami :) love the Saner Mural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will spend a few hours there to photograph the rest of the murals...

      Delete
  2. Oh, shoot, I so hate when that happens with the battery!
    The heart in the first mural, huhhh - room for interpretation... but rather creeps me out ;-)
    But very arty, I like it. The Miss looks kinda arrogant to me. The Falcor is also great.

    And, wow, that repair station! We don´t have anything like that! Would be no use to me if alone, but with Ingo this sure is a great thing provided (not funny to have to admit this...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I also don't know anything about that repair station but I thought it was quite handy, plus I had never seen one before anywhere else in the city.

      Delete
  3. Dearest Sami,
    That is a lot of color being added to that area.
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mariette, yes a lot of colour changing that suburb!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.