COLOURFULWORLD

Sunday 6 September 2015

Birthdays and Father's Day weekend

We've had a very busy weekend.
Friday 4th, was my son's birthday, so we went out to dinner to Joy Kitchen in Fremantle. We've been there quite often and although the food is good I always find the restaurant a bit too loud. Also because I'm gluten intolerant I know for sure that I'm going to feel slightly off after eating there - bloated stomach, nauseous...
Oh well, but it's not everyday that we eat out so I just go with it.

Then Saturday 5th, it was my husband's birthday, and we had a small celebration at home with a few friends. No lunch or dinner this time, just snacks and drinks in the afternoon.
I had intentions of having a bigger party in the garden with a lot more people, but with rain predicted and still being a bit cool I didn't invite many people just in case we had to have the party indoors.  It just happened that it rained a little bit but it was very, very windy and cold, so indoors we had to go!

Sunday 6th, it's the celebration of Father's Day in Australia and although I would have loved to go out to Kings Park for a walk, my husband wanted to just laze about at home.
We had 2 complementary tickets to a movie, given to me by a former colleague who now works at a Radio station, so I managed to convince him we should go to the movies in the afternoon.
The movie "Trainwreck" was funny, although at times I thought it was a bit slow, it picked up in the end and it was an enjoyable afternoon.

Back home it was time for party leftovers for dinner. Healthy food back on the menu from tomorrow!
We just watched a program on SBS1 TV entitled "The Sugar Conspiracy" and after reading quite a few health books I have to agree it's not the fat but the sugar that makes people fat, diabetic, etc, etc.
I'm glad we have stopped eating packaged food, no cereals and eat a very limited amount of sugar in general.

28 years ago - husband and son celebrating their birthdays  (Michael's 1st birthday)

16 comments:

  1. You really DID have a busy weekend! But having 2 birthdays and fathers day on the same weekend is always cause for celebration.....and rightfully so! Thank you for sharing! I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celeste, next year it will be Michael's birthday that will fall on Father's day!

      Delete
  2. Parabéns, Sami, pelos aniversários do filho e do marido! Tudo de bom para vocês!!
    Beijinhos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Sami,
    That was a lot of birthdays + Father's Day all in one little period.
    We too had a delicious dinner on Friday evening with our best friends.
    I'd planned of cooking at home but with the fact that my HP PC had died, we needed to get a new one in a hurry, and this week I drove back to the Apple Store for a partial file transfer from my external harddrive as the PC could no longer be used... That and the fact that the day before we'd come home from our 4-night stay in New York City, did not make it too attractive for cooking up a big meal... This was great and like you said, we start eating healthy again afterwards!
    Yes the sugar fact is true and it is called the ' New Crack'
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mariette, once in a while we stray off course, but mainly we try to eat healthy!
      The "New crack" I hadn't heard that one, but it's quite true!

      Delete
    2. It sadly is... You can find a lot of information here: Sugar: Addiction & Dangers
      http://www.angelfire.com/az/sthurston/sugar_addiction.html

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the info Mariette.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations with all the birthdays and fathers day. Ours is always in June, strange that there are different dates in the world.to celebrate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marianne. It is strange that there should be different days around the world to celebrate Father's day and Mother's day...

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a busy one! I wanted to see Trainwreck, not sure I'll make it though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny Aimee, I'm not sure when the screenings will end...

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you really kept yourself busy (did FB miss to show this post?!)!
    Yes, it´s the sugar, lucky me who doesn´t like sweet anyway, huh?
    That and carbs, I haven´t had a slice of bread/breadroll/potato etc in weeks now. And I´m less hungry, too, it´s kinda weird.
    Bur the next ten days: So what, it´s holiday time and I won´t care! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on my mobile now, but I think I posted on FB. Good for with the carbs, I also find the same, it's the sugars in the carbs that make us hungry.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.