COLOURFULWORLD

Saturday 18 June 2016

5 year blogging anniversary

I can hardly believe that 5 years have gone past since I first posted my first blog post!
I haven't remembered to celebrated the milestone every year, but being the 5th year I thought I would mention it.

I've gone from 0 to over 1,2 million views, have viewers from 157 countries, and 96 registered followers.
Not bad at all. On my 1 month blog anniversary I only had 500 views...

All I wanted to achieve was to register my experiences for the future, they are a powerful reminder of our good and bad times, although I only seem to register the good times, which is probably because I'm a a very upbeat and positive person.

I've made blogging friends, some virtual, others I've actually met, have learned a bit more about other bloggers,  have learned a lot more about blogging, and still learning... it's important to never stop learning!

To all those that read my blog, I hope that you find my stories interesting and a big thank you to those that regularly comment my posts. It's much appreciated.


From left to bottom to right - all about my blog -  Perth, my family (our son, me, our daughter and my husband), my art, my cats, murals and travel (Amsterdam).

20 comments:

  1. ... "it's important to never stop learning" - so true - happy blogging-Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iris. 5 years have flown by so quickly...

      Delete
  2. Muitos Parabéns, Sami!!!
    Que venham muitos mais anos!!
    Adoro vir a este blogue!
    Beijinho! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada Sandra, que bom ouvir um elogio desses. Beijinhos.

      Delete
  3. What a great time to celebrate. I'm so glad you shared this with us, because I just found your blog recently, but truly LOVE your colorful adventures, murals, and stories. Keep them coming, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth, great to have your support, I'll certainly try and keep up my colourful adventures.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on 5 years, that's a good innings in the life of a blog. I totally agree that we keep learning and the connections made with other bloggers is one of the best things about blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phoebe, I certainly enjoy getting to know people fromm all over the world.

      Delete
  5. I am not following you for 5 years yet, but I enjoy your blog very much and I will keep following you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marianne, I think we've been following each other for probably 1 year which is great. I enjoy having this small connection via yourself to Holland, as my daughter lives there and I get to see bits of daily life there.

      Delete
  6. Many congratulations Sami, five years is impressive, you've obviously worked out what works for you in the blogging world. Having at the heart of you blog the knowledge of why you blog and what you love about blogging, is the essence of your longevity and your success. 1.2 million views is awesome, I am happy to have played a very small part in these views!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wren. I can hardly believe it's 5 years, I've been having fun. Thanks for your support as well.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations Sami! I love reading your blog, so I hope you keep writing it for many more years to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara, it's lovely to have readers who are spread all over the world!

      Delete
  8. Dearest Sami,
    Congrats on this milestone and you certainly have come a long way!
    Funny that I jumped straight to the very first blog post to comment there before reading the rest. What I wrote in my comment is what you say about yourself... So it means I'm a good observer of character.
    Yes, it is very interesting to read your posts as you have a very broad view of life and things as well as hobbies and interests. That's YOU and probably the reason why people love you!
    Sending you hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mariette for your kind and wonderful words, I appreciate that.

      Delete
  9. CONGRATULATION! Keep up the nice, interesting and good work you do with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on this significant milestone Sami! Your blog is most certainly very interesting and always full of beautiful photos and anecdotes. Would love to meet up with you some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Wendy, I would love to meet up. Will email you.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, please leave a comment.